As we continue to re-enter a post-COVID-19 world, our patients’ and staff members’ health and safety continue to be top of mind, just like they always have been.
We’d like to be transparent about sanitation standards in our healthcare space in order to ease any concerns you may have about coming in to see us at Kids Tooth Team.
Our brand-new, state-of-the-art facility was built with COVID safety in mind. Because of this, we have extensive additional safety sanitation features built right in. These additional safety measures are not required by any agency, but we’ve chosen to add these into our building so that we can keep you and your loved ones, and our team, as safe as possible. These extra measures start before you even enter our office!
Being a digital, paperless office allows us to maximize the benefits of social distancing. You can fill out all of your paperwork online, right from the safety of your own home or vehicle. We offer remote check-in, so you can wait in your vehicle and one of our team members will come get you when it’s time to take your family back to the treatment area – although it should be noted that patients are always welcome in our waiting rooms. Finally, we offer remote payment options, so you can check out right from your cell phone.
We didn’t just stop at digital measures to ensure your safety – we custom built other safety features and technology right into the bones of our office. Things like:
- High-grade HEPA filters built into our air filtration system that are constantly working to remove particulates from the air.
- Air Scrubbers that have been proven to reduce contaminants in the air and on surfaces. These air scrubbers actively clean our office air, 24 hours a day.
- Ultra Low Volume sanitizing machine that is regularly used to “fog” office surfaces to help reduce surface transmission of viruses and bacteria – the same technology recently employed by major hotel chains to ensure the safety of their guests
- Medical grade curtains to separate any open areas of the office when needed or requested
Every staff member, patient, and parent that enters the building also:
- Has their temperature taken and recorded
- Completes a COVID risk assessment before entering the building
Additionally, our practice has always adhered to infection prevention protocols set by OSHA, the ADA, and the CDC. These standards include:
- Regular hand washing:
- Before and after treating a patient
- Before putting on gloves and immediately after removing them
- After touching any potentially contaminated surfaces or equipment
- Using soap and water for visibly soiled hands instead of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Use of personal protective equipment:
- Wearing gloves, masks and eyewear while treating patients
- Using new gloves for treatment of every patient
- Removing personal protective equipment before leaving the work area
- Using proper respiratory and cough etiquette:
- Covering mouths and noses when coughing or sneezing
- Coughing or sneezing into the elbow
- Using and disposing of tissues
- Sanitizing hands after exposure to respiratory secretions
- Use of sterile instruments and devices:
- Disinfecting and sterilizing reusable dental equipment before use on another patient
- Keeping manufacturer’s reprocessing instructions readily available for trained team members
- Wearing appropriate PPE when handling and reprocessing equipment
- Using monitors to ensure effectiveness of sterilization
- Maintaining sterilization records in accordance with state and local regulations
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces throughout the operatories and office:
- Establishing policies and procedures for routine cleaning and disinfection of surfaces
- Using barriers for hard-to-clean surfaces
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are not barrier-protected
- Using EPA-registered disinfectants or detergents that are suitable for health care settings
In addition to adhering to these standards, we will also take measures to ensure social distancing regulations can be respected in our practice so that all patients feel comfortable receiving care.
If you have any questions about our sanitation processes, please feel free to contact our office for more information.
We’re so happy to be open again and can’t wait to see you.
Dr. Alex, Dr. Patricia, & the entire team at Kids Tooth Team